Saturday, October 23, 2010

Officially the Best Night EVAR.

Oh my god, that was seriously the best night of my life. We missed Carter Husley, and half of I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business. I wanted to see Carter Husley, and I was texting Serika and she said he was great! So that made me sad. I didn't really care about I Can Make a Mess (etc), and when we got there, we watched about two songs, then went and waited in the merch line. We could hear them just fine, lol.
The Warfield is surprisingly small! I liked it though. There was a balcony with seats and a few tables, I think, then there was the General Admission pit where people stood, and then tables and a bar. Anna's dad sat at the table, while Sydney and Anna and I stood outside the pit during The Maine (WHO ROCKED!!) but we went into the pit during Never Shout Never.
The Maine was really really REALLY good. The lead singer wore skinny jeans, cowboy boots, and a bathrobe! It was hilarious! And he talked to the crowd, and threw back the bras girls threw on stage (lol!), and was really nice to the fans in front. He asked them if they were ok, and this one girl who must have looked faint or something, he bent down and asked her if she was ok. She must have been like "Yeah, now that you just talked to me!" It was really sweet! So they rocked live. I have to get more iTunes money to buy their songs coz I have none! The songs I recognized and sang along to were "The Right Girl" and "Girls Do What They Want". They played a lot more, but I didn't know the lyrics.
And then came along Christofer Drew.
Oh my god. Chris was so good live! Best thing was, he was really happy! Like, smiling and dancing around the stage and even hopping! Which I didn't think he would do, because on the Warped Tour 2010 he was hopping during a song, and he hurt his ankle.
Everyone, like, screamed the lyrics to the songs, but he had the mike of course so we all heard him. First he played "Harmony", then "Love is Our Weapon". And I think it was the last chorus (where he goes "HEY!") when confetti and banners fell on the pit! It was great! Then, I think he played "I Just Laugh", then a reggae version of "Trouble", then "I Love You More Than You Will Ever Know", then "Piggy Bank", I think next was "I Love You 5", (I'm sure I'm missing some songs -- he played about thirteen) then Bigcitydreams, and during the last verse (this middle west town is gonna miss you), he hopped up on the speaker at the left corner of the stage, threw away the mike, and pointed at us, and we all screamed/sang the last lyrics. That song was supposed to be last, but then everyone was screaming "One more song!", so he came out and played The Past. And that was it!
I can't explain how awesome it was. I really can't. Maybe, if I get Serika to send me the videos she tape don her Flip, I'll post them. I was taping The Maine on my phone, but right before Chris came on it died! I know, right? Fml.
So I bought a Love is Our Weapon tee-shirt, and since all I had was $20 that's all I could buy. But Sydney bought me a What Is Love wristband that I am NEVER EVER gonna stop wearing. And, when the confetti fell? It turned out that some guitar picks fell down too! I found one on the floor. It says "C Drew and the Shout" on one side, and a peace sign on the other. Anna got hit with one (hehe) that says "Harmony" (the album name) on one side, and a drawing of the earth with a #1 on it.

It was just great. Wow. I love you Chris. I love you The Maine. But I especially love Chris.

Obai peeps!

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment